Monday, August 3, 2009
Just Had to Vent
Okay, I try not to complain too much (ha) and want anyone's pity, but I am really sad this week. Some of you may know that I was supposed to be on a fun trip, just for women - no kids. An exciting week of spiritually uplifting speakers, a make over and just lots of fun things, things I really felt (still feel) that I needed! The best part was that it was all expenses paid, even airfare! Well, circumstances just didn't allow for the trip to happen, and by circumstances, I mean Patrick! Okay, I love my husband, but I am really disappointed in his lack of cooperation. I won't go into all the details, he just felt that it wasn't going to be possible for me to leave for a week. I know I should be over it and sometimes I don't think about it at all, but obviously I am not over it and I was just hoping that by posting this, it might help me get past it, plus the conference is over this Saturday, that will help! lol! So, to make up for me not going to Utah, he has decided we need to go WV and spend a long weekend. I love WV, but when I think of a fun, getaway, it's not there. I go to WV all the time, we are from WV, I was just there last weekend for a family reunion. I have pretty much done all there is to do there. Okay, here I go again. I guess I need to focus. I am greatful that we will have family time together. I just wish it would be at the beach or anywhere but where we are going. So sorry for the downer of a post, just had to get some things off of my chest. I will let you know how our weekend goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So sorry Shawna, we sure love you and you can always call us and talk. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
Hugs and bunches of kisses!
Cherie and Jeff
Yes, but you DID just find out you can get into Disney World free. And don't ever underestimate how much I love you and the girls (and I know I WOULD love Patrick if I ever met him) and would do anything for you.
Thanks you guys, you all are great to me! Dubby, I am working on getting him to at least one branch activity this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Sorry to hear about that Shawna! We all need the chance to vent! I am sure WV is nice but it would have been so much more of a getaway for you to go to Utah. Don't let in detour you from having some you time. Nicole
I have been watching a marriage seminar on DVD with my honey called "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage". We both love it. I've thought of you guys several times as we learned new things. I think you'd like it a lot--both of you--if you'd like to borrow it sometime. It's so funny and true.
Post a Comment