Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's New??

Well...not too much. I just haven't written anything in awhile, so I thought I would. Here's what we have been up to.......

I'll start with Grace. Grace loves school. She is the chair helper this week. She gets to put the chairs on the table at the end of the day. She is making new friends and (I hope) learning new things. I miss her so much during the day. Although, and I hope this doesn't make a bad mother, but I do enjoy the quiet. When Martha and Clara are napping, it is just so peaceful. Grace always has something funny to say or just the way she says something will crack me up. I love her. Tonight she had a fashion show and Patrick had to introduce her (with each outfit she had a new name) and describe the new outfit. It is hilarious. If you knew my husband, fashion is the last thing he knows or cares about! But he does it for the girls and it is great. Even Martha put on a tutu and strutted her stuff! Patrick even did Martha's hair.

Martha's new thing is, "I need that, NOW!" We went to Wal-Mart this evening and she saw a Power Wheels car and that is all she said, "I need that, NOW!" Actually everything she saw made her say that. I love it though. She is so cute. We go to the park every morning and walk twice around. It's tough for her, but she does really good waiting until we are done so she can play. It is much better when there are other kids for her to ride along with.

Clara is just changing every day. She has been a bit fussy this week. I think that she is teething. Nothing there yet, but it is coming. She is chewing on EVERYTHING! She does really well on our walks too. She doesn't start getting fussy until the second time around. Then I just put her in the baby carrier so she can really see where we are going and that seems to help until we are done.

So as you can see, just the same old stuff. Walking at the park, grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, re-reading the Twilight books, etc., etc. I love my family and have great friends. I don't get to talk to them sometimes as often as I should or would like to, but I think about y'all all the time!

3 comments:

Cherie and Jeff said...

Shawna Gale...you are the best...what an example of a mom you are. We sure love you sooooo much. We love the girls and Pat as well...hugs to everyone...and make sure you get some for yourself...
YOU ARE AWESOME. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what the other person said. You are a awesome mom and wife, Pat and the kids are so lucky! I think it is cute when they are little, saying stuff like Matha does, bt when they get old and more demanding about it, it gets real annoying! Makes me regret taking any of the kids to any kid of store or mall... I never cave, and I don't know why they think that I might would...As for walking, BRAVO! Don't give up and be lazy like me, ever! My feet are healing though, so maybe someday, I will walk with you all...

Cherie and Jeff said...

Hey, Shawna Gale! You and Pat are great parents. I LOVE that he's gotten into fashion shows! LOL I can just see him now! :) Ahh, the joys of having girls. He's so lucky. I sure love ya. You're the best sis....Me.