Saturday, February 21, 2009

What have we been doing?

Well, I am really behind on posting as well as everything else I want to do. I have started a couple of projects and can't seem to get to anything else.
Here's what I've been doing:

We went to my dad's to celebrate his 70th birthday! I can't believe how old that sounds, but he doesn't seem that old. Does that make any sense? It was fun, we had pizza and took his favorite cake - my mom's cherry cheesecake! It was a hit!

I made Grace's Valentine's for school. I think they turned out cute. Of course we had the store bought kind that we added to the ones we made. I found this really, really easy template on a blog and made a bunch. We just cut out some paper and folded them and stapled in the snack size M&M's. We closed it with a layered heart. I think they were cute. I made her teacher a little sack out of double sided paper and put a ribbon on it for a handle and filled it with her favorite candy.





I decided that I am making the girls' Easter dresses. This is going to be fun. I have already finished Grace's dress. I think it turned out really cute. (I'll post pictures later). I am stuck on a part of Martha's, but will get it figured out and finished soon, which only leaves Clara's. I haven't even cut it out yet, but once that is done, it won't take long to finish. I have also decided that I want to start cross stitching again, so I have been looking for some fun patterns. I am also in a book club and am not half way through the book yet - (I've seen the movie a hundred times, does that count? lol!) Oh yeah, my check engine light came on. I took the van to Advanced and they said I had a miss in the motor -whatever that means- and I probably needed new spark plug wires. So I bought some and called my step-dad. I was hoping he could put them on for me and see if it solved the problem. Well, he was busy. I got to thinking, how hard can this be to do? I knew some of them were on the front of the engine, so I got home and started doing them one by one. The front was easy, the back part not so much. I finally got them on and was very proud of myself. I then began to worry, what if I did it wrong. Well, I called the Mathews' and asked if Jason could come over and check to make sure I did it right. I guess I did, I have been driving all over the place and the van is still running - the light is still on so my problem is not solved, but I do know how to change my spark plug wires if I ever need to do that again!

I think that is all that has happened to me lately, not that much, but that's my life! I am posting a few pictures that I finally downloaded. Some are of the snow we had a little while ago.

2 comments:

The Iowa Ross Family said...

Our check engine light has also be on, (for quite sometime now) we took it to the dealer, and they said it was the ERG valve, but we haven't had to fix it yet. Ours is a Dodge.

dubby said...

My check engine light comes on every three thousand miles to remind me to change the oil. Hope the car is okay. They can be worrisome.