Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kerplunk and X-Rays

Monday we had a short family home evening and made heart shaped brownies - for Valentine's and all - then we played Kerplunk. Martha doesn't quite get how this game is supposed to be played. For those of you who don't know what it is, you have this tube thing with holes and you put sticks through the holes, then you pour marbles on them and each person takes a turn pulling out a stick. The object of the game is to have the least amount of marbles. Well, Martha thought it was funny to see them fall down the tube and into the tray. So she would pull out a handful of sticks - she laughed so hard. It was great! BUT Grace didn't think so. She was really upset that Martha had made all the marbles fall before she could go again.

Tuesday night we had another family night. I took the girls to McDonalds for $1.99 happy meals! This is something we do on Tuesdays. Anyway, dinner went okay, so okay that I thought we would go to the mall and let them play in the play area. I even felt that it was going so good that I didn't take the stroller in. I mean, we were only going to the play area and then leave. Grace and Martha were doing great, Grace was being a big helper and holding Martha's hand and everything. Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. It was fine until we went to leave. Then Grace threw a big fit and Martha kind of followed her. Well, I finally got Martha to come with me and I had her by the hand and she decided that she didn't want to go afterall so she dropped to floor so I was dragging her. I tried to pull her up a couple of times, but she is a sturdy girl. She ended up hurting her arm. I felt awful! Well, I decided to give it the night and see how she did. She was up through the night in pain. I took her to the pediatrician and they decided she needed some x-rays to make sure there was no fracture. Long story shorter, she didn't have a broken arm, just a bad sprain. She has been favoring it since. She is starting to use it a little more each day. She will be fine.

So we had a great week! We'll see how the rest of it goes, hopefully injury free! Tomorrow is Family Fun night at Bessie Weller from 6-7:30pm if anyone is interested in supporting Grace's school and wants a fun night out. They are raising money for a new playground. We'll see how we do there, I will be taking in the stroller this time! Lol! Saturday we will be going to WV to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. That sounds so old and he doesn't seem that old! lol! His birthday is really today. Happy Birthday dad!

3 comments:

dubby said...

Am I going to have to lay the smack down on Martha?!?

SumGreater said...

You are a much better woman than I. I'd forever be telling Martha if she threw another fit she might break her arm and how would that feel.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Ask Dubby about the time she was in the hospital having Cathryn, and I took Allen and Bryan to the Burger King playground for dinner, and when it was time to go, Allen didn't want to go.