I decided to make the girls their Easter dresses this year. I have sewn blankets and simple things, but have never sewn a dress from start to finish without my mom sitting down and doing something on them. I decided that that had to stop. I really wanted to learn how to sew all by myself. My mom did guide me, but I had her tell me as I did all the work, she didn't have to sew a thing on these. I did have to take things apart and start over a couple of times, but it was all worth it. Now I see tons of stuff that want to learn to do. I started really early so I knew I would have time to finish them. My dad joked that I can't be related to my mother because she was always finishing our dresses the night before. Mom says I am like my grandma, she always had things done way ahead of time. That is a great compliment. So, I think the dresses turned out really cute. They don't match exactly, each girl has her own style dress. They do however coordinate. Clara's dress ties all three fabrics together. I hope you can tell from the pictures. So here is my first real sewing project. (top to bottom: Grace, Martha, Clara)


3 comments:
I'm glad they match but aren't the same. Otherwise, poor Clara would be wearing the same dress for six years!
So talented you are! Can't wait for you to help me with my own overly ambitious projects!
The dresses are very pretty. We were so excited to have the pictures!!
Shawna, I have sewn for about 40 years and I still have to undo stuff...I,just the other day, was mending something and sewed the leg to the hem! That happens...I laughed and used the seam ripper once again and started over. hahaha. It was soo funny...I don't usually do that bad...but sometimes with gathers and stuff it doesn't catch right in the seams...YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!
We sure love and respect all you do for your family. You are a great example.
Post a Comment