Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yummy Strawberries

Yesterday, the girls and I went to Milky Way Farms in Weyers Cave to pick strawberries! We had a blast and the girls were great - even Clara. We picked just over 8 pounds of strawberries. We came home and made 9 half pints of jam and froze the rest so we can have them to enjoy the rest of the summer. They are the best strawberries I have ever eaten. This is the last week they are open for picking, so if you want some yummy berries, I would go if you can. Oh, you have to get there early, they open at 7:30am. The first day we got there too late and they were already picked out for the day, luckily we got there in time the next day. We would really like to get some blueberries and raspberries if anyone knows where we might find a place to pick them please let me know!

2 comments:

Cherie and Jeff said...

Shawna, they have blueberries just north of the old house we lived in. You can pick them yourselves..come ahead...see ya...tomorrow???
Love ya.
Cherie D

Dianna said...

Yummy! We did that when we were little too! But not a whole lot... I don't remember it very well because I never liked strawberries. :)