Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, as you can tell we have been busy! Our week started out great with a trip the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton. Lori and her three children (Alexander, Maggie and Andrew) and Jennie Loomis with her three children (Tommy, Jacob and Penelope) came with us! It was REALLY cold. I can't believe how we went from summer right into winter. It is crazy, but we survived. I think the kids loved playing in the well at the German house the most. Of course they would, who wouldn't want to play in water in freezing cold weather! HA! Before we left, I had to sample some of the fudge they sell in the gift shop. It was AMAZING! I have never had fudge that creamy. We tried the pumpkin pie and peanut butter fudge. I told Pat if he ever wanted to splurge on something for me, that fudge would do it. It is kind of pricy to me ($10.99/lb), but aren't I worth it! I could eat the entire pound of peanut butter fudge by myself. Okay, okay, enough about the fudge. I think I have told everyone I talked to about that fudge, so in case I hadn't told you, now you know! lol!

Our day did not end there. Later that evening we met Lori and went to a cornmaze in Harrisonburg. Again it was freezing, but totally worth it. The kids had fun, the maze was a bit overwhelming, but we went through some of it. Me and Martha not so much, but the others did more. They have a ton of stuff for the kids to do. After all the fun, we cooked hotdogs and roasted marshmallows. It was so much fun. Lori, thank you for inviting us!

Tonight we went to the Waynesboro Ward's Trunk or Treat! It was fun, they had games inside for the kids and then of course, candy outside! This is the first Halloween that Martha is "getting" what it is all about - CANDY!! She was so hyped up on sugar, I thought she would take forever to fall asleep. Not too bad tonight! We will see how it goes on Friday. Martha was a diva cat, Grace was a cowgirl and Clara was a bumblebee. I know I am their mother, but I think they looked dang cute!

I will download all the pictures after Halloween and post some. So check back!

1 comment:

Cherie and Jeff said...

Well, I am not their mother and I know they were darn cute...
I am glad you had a good time. We are SOOOOO excited to get to see everyone!
We sure love you and we think you are the best mom. I LOVE fudge.
YOU are worth it!!!!!
Cherie