Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of First Grade!

I still can't believe that Grace is old enough to be in first grade!! I had a harder time sending her this year than I did last year, believe it or not! I even offered to home school her. She declined and chose to go to school. Not a big deal. I was fine after I got home and got busy cleaning and didn't have to break up any arguments. lol! I did miss her. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Snyder. Her room is really neat, by that I mean not cluttered! I wish my house was that neat and tidy. Grace even commented that she didn't have stuff all over like Mrs. Kester did. She has her own desk and sits with three other kids to make a table. She has kids from Kindergarten in her class which was really fun for her and her best friend, Heather, is also in her class.

3 comments:

Cherie and Jeff said...

Gracie looks so CUTE! I forgot that yesterday was her first day of school! The week is moving so quickly. I'm so glad that she likes her teacher and classroom! That makes all the difference. The first day of school was always magical to me when I was a little kid. I loved everything about it -the clean smell of the school, new books, paper, pencils, etc. and new clothes! I love you guys. Me.

Jenny Whiting said...

oh, how fun to find your blog! I'll have to catch up on it one day (when there's time)! Thanks for letting us come over; yes, we'll have to get together lots more!
And I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to go to Utah for that conference. So I definitely hope you can make it to Time Out for Women. It was a lot of fun last year when I went and I know you'll love it.

Cherie and Jeff said...

Shawna...I can't believe you have a daughter clara's age let alone one in 1st grade. You are such a great mom. I am so glad grace likes her class and teacher...and has some friends from last year in her class...especially her best friend.
when was the picture of clara taken on the right...where she is eating a banana...we aren't going to know her when we see her... she is getting so big.
WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Big hugs to Grace, Martha, Clara, You and Pat