Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

Well, I have to admit, I get all caught up in the hype that is Black Friday! I did oversleep, I woke up at 4:20 a.m. instead of 4:00 a.m. and it was my mom knocking on my door that woke me. I heard my alarm, but decided to ignore it. Well, we were at Wal-Mart before 5am. We got in and got everything on our list plus a couple more items. We were out of there and headed to Michael's by 6am. We were back at my house by 7am. Not a bad day of shopping. I only had the baby and she did great! By then of course I was exhausted. But...I am almost done shopping for Christmas - for the kids anyway. I still have no idea what to get our parents!

I have decided that I am going to really make the most out of Christmas this year. I have already gotten my christmas cards ready, all I need to do is put the stamps on them! I even delivered some while with my family at Thanksgiving. I have decided I am not stressing over how many gifts the kids are getting. They might not get the same amount of things, but they are still little and won't notice anyway. I am going to enjoy that while I can. lol! I do love Christmas. I haven't decorated yet, but I am planning on doing that tomorrow. We don't buy a real tree and I miss it, but we have a cute little artificial tree that suits our space just fine. I am the worst when it comes to picking out the right size tree! When Pat and I were first married, it might have even been Grace's first Christmas, anyway, I wanted a real tree so I went with my brother and cut one down. I knew I had to be able to get my arms around it, we didn't have a very big space for our tree. Well, I got the height right, but when we got the tree in the trailer and cut the netting off, the branches just filled the room. It ended up being okay, since we didn't have kids moving around yet, but Pat won't let me forget it! So that is why it is better we have the artificial kind, no guessing about how big it will really be once inside the house.

Maybe once I get the tree up, I will put a picture on my blog and make it all Christmas. I know I need to change my background theme, but I am not ready to give up Edward!! I know that it is crazy, and to make me seem even more crazy, I still want to go see Twilight again! I think that maybe one more time will do the trick - until it comes out on DVD.

2 comments:

The Iowa Ross Family said...

Wow! you are on the ball! Good job getting all the Christmas stuff done! Also loved Twilight just as much the 2nd time around as well!

Cherie and Jeff said...

I sure love you. I wish we were closer because I would go with you to see Twilight again and Jeff would pay for it!!! :)
We sure love you. I got my cards nearly done. I have nieces and nephews to do for now...I can't send cards to parents until I have their cards to send. They will think their Auntie and Uncle don't love them and well...that is just NOT true! They are SOOOOO important to us.
Love ya lots Shawna. I mean that...I love you like a sister and so does Jeff..hahaha.
Hugs to everyone.
Cherie and Jeff