




Grace had her first day of school today! She is going to Bessie Weller Elementary School. She is a Bessie Bee! Her teacher is Mrs. Kester and there are 17 other kids in her class. Her schedule is full and I know she will do great! She was so excited she couldn't sleep. It took forever (or so it seemed) to get her settled down for the night. She woke up at 2 a.m. and I got her a drink and sent her back to bed. She then woke up at 5:30 a.m. when Patrick woke up. She was sitting on the floor outside the bathroom talking to him as he was getting ready. Oh to have her energy. So with her up and all the noise, next up was Martha and then Clara. My day had started.
She was so nervous AND excited and wanted to pack her backpack and go right away! She wore her Hannah Montana shirt and had her Hannah Montana backpack. We were a walking advertisement for her.
I will be driving her to school and picking her up every day. She was so cute, I asked her if she wanted me to walk her in, she said no. She knew who her teacher was and where to go, so she felt she could do it on her own. It was hard to not be needed at that moment. I was sad. I only cried a little, just a few tears, promise. When I went to pick her up this afternoon, I asked her if she had fun and if she wanted to go back tomorrow, she said yes. So she must have had a great day. So much fun that she came home and was asleep before 5:00! Grace is such a trooper. She always makes friends so I know she will be fine. I had so many mixed feelings about today, I was excited (only two kids to chase around), sad (my Grace wouldn't be there to help me and give me hugs or to bug me - lol), happy (she is starting this new journey). I can't wait to see how the year goes and how much she changes. She is growing up. I just can't believe it!
Martha had a great day too! We went to the park and walked with Sarah, Meg and Lori . We made two laps around and then let the kids play some since they had been stuck in a stroller for a while. She wanted to get out with Grace when I dropped her off so I had her crying enough for the both of us.



Clara rolled over today for the first time. She has been trying really hard for a while now, but today she did it.
6 comments:
Sweet. Thanks for sharing this great day!
Shawna!!! Thanks for the blogs...they are great. We love you all so much. The pics were great and the video of Clara rolling over!! Hey!!!! She is getting to be such a biggie girl!
We can't believe it.
We look forward to seeing your blog. Thanks for being you.
Cherie
That video is priceless! What a wonderful moment to be able capture! I am so glad you share these personal moments and stories with strange people like me. My kids are of a different age group from all of you, and it makes me miss those sweet days where you can just hold, hug, kiss, and giggle with your baby! BUT of course I love the moments that i have gone through while they are older, they jus aren't as kissable and huggable and they once were.
I like the pics with the girls at the park, good thing I wasn't there to break the camera with my looks, you all look good! As for me, what am I going to push? I didn't know you had a stroller gang going on. You all a strollers to lean on. Maybe I can borrow my parent's wheelchair and Jason and I can take turns pushing each other in it, along side of you all.
Nice posts, nice experience, and nice discussion of what kids growing up is like from a mom's perspective. Of course, a dad's experience and perspective is a somewhat different, but still quite nice. Umm, I better just stop here... ;-)
Great story! Great video! Grace is such a little lady. She is going to love school!
I LOVE the pigtails!
Post a Comment