Thursday, July 31, 2008

Zoo Trip

Well as promised, here are pictures from our trip to the DC Zoo. We had so much fun. My sister and her kids came over the night before so we could get up early and go. It was my mom, my sister Gretchen, her kids: Lily, Hunter, Katie and Thomas, & my girls. It took everyone forever to go to bed that night, so much for getting up and leaving really early. (We did get on the road by 6:00 a.m.)

I have never driven in DC so this was an experience all its own. I did fine until we got to DC and I couldn't find Connecticut Ave. I followed the directions and still couldn't find it. I even stopped to ask for directions. Well, we ended up in downtown DC. This turned out to be okay. We had wanted to go there anyway, this way we just did it earlier. We got to see the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial. We had a nice picnic lunch down by the Potomac and just let the kids stretch their legs. We finally made it to the zoo and it was great. The kids were so much fun to watch. Grace's favorite was the Flamingos (she can't say it right, you'll have to ask her to hear, it is cute). Martha just wanted to run around and Clara was along for the ride. It was fun to do something with my sister and Grace loved having her cousins to play with. They were all great and listened (for the most part!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twightlight groupies, that's funny...I love the pics! I am glad you are having fun this summer. You're brother is cute, I think. I can see the resemblence in your sister and brother's face.